Vaping has been growing tremendously in popularity over the last few years. It is now competing with cigarettes for the most popular way to consume nicotine and is also used to quit smoking. With its growing market presence, a group of unintended customers has developed: the underage.
Governments around the world have come up with lots of strategies to reduce vaping among teenagers. One of the most common is establishing a minimum age to vape legally. It is a reliable method to decrease vaping among adolescents because it comes with heavy penalties for all lawbreakers.
What Products Can Be Vaped?
Vaping products include e-liquid. It may or may not have nicotine. Both CBD and cannabis e-juices are now commonly used also. Vaping e-juice with certain ingredients can cause serious health problems like lung illnesses. Hence, countries around the world are regulating vaping through age restrictions to ensure that users are responsible enough to make the right decision. You have to be of the legal age for vaping to be allowed to consume nicotine-based products.
How Old Do You Have to Be to Vape?
In many countries, the legal age for vaping is the same as the age one is considered an adult. As said earlier, vaping products are considered to be alternatives to tobacco products, and this is the reason why children are not supposed to vape. With that said, let’s look at the age requirements for vaping in different countries.
- United States of America – Due to pressure from parents and many health groups, the US passed a law known as Tobacco 21 a few months ago. The main reason for this is teen vaping. Therefore, in this particular country right now, no retailer is to sell vape or tobacco products to any person under the age of 21 years. Other examples of countries with the same age limit are Palau and Honduras.
- Belgium – The legal age to vape in Belgium is 16 years old. This is one of the lowest age requirements.
- United Kingdom – As per the law in the UK, you must be 18 years and above to vape. News reports explain that the government in this country is also working on other measures to keep e-liquid away from teenagers. One of them is increasing educational awareness. Another example of a country with the same minimum age to vape is Canada.
- The Republic of Korea – The legal age to vape in Korea is 19 years old. It is also the age one is considered an adult in this country.
- Other countries – With India being the latest country to ban vaping, there are others such as Brazil, Mexico, and Thailand where vaping is completely illegal. They claim that vaping is unsafe mainly because of the health dangers it poses.
It is very important for everyone including those who do not vape to know the effects of vaping as well as the laws in each part of the world. This way, they will be able to make wise decisions about vaping and will always be on the safe side.
Now we are available on AUKOD. DOWNLOAD AUKOD to discover quality content for all your interests.